Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £79.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Foundry 34

Address: 34 Burrowgate, Penrith, CA11 7TA

Hotel Description

Situated in the market town of Penrith, Foundry 34 offers free Wi-Fi throughout, a brasserie restaurant, and a lounge bar. In The Lake District, it is halfway between Carlisle and Kendal. The boutique-style rooms include an LCD smart TV, black-out curtains, and tea and coffee making facilities. Each room also offers ironing supplies, a full-length mirror, and large wardrobes. The en-suite bathroom has a power shower. Foundry 34’s restaurant serves imaginative modern British cuisine, with some Mediterranean influences. Dishes are prepared using seasonal, Cumbrian produce. Cocktails can be enjoyed in the bar. Lake Ullswater is just 4 miles from Foundry 34. The property is easily accessed from junction 40 of the M6 motorway and from the A66 Trans Pennine route.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - Foundry 34

Hotel Reviews - Foundry 34

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Foundry 34

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 1.5 miles (2.4 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.