Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £75.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Caledonia Guest House

Address: 8 Victoria Road, Penrith, CA11 8HR

Hotel Description

Just a 10-minute walk from Penrith Castle, The Caledonia Guest House provides stylish accommodation just 4 miles from the Lake District. There is free Wi-Fi and parking as well as an impressive breakfast menu. Each guest room has en suite facilities with a shower, hairdryer and complementary toiletries. All rooms have a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee facilities. The Caledonia’s full English breakfast features Cumberland sausage, local black pudding and free-range eggs, with bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans. As well as cereals, porridge, yoghurt and fruit, there are vegetarian omelettes and sausages, plus American blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. The guest house offers secure bike storage for cyclists exploring the area. Around 25 minutes’ drive from Carlisle and Keswick, Penrith is a little over 1 hour from Lake Windermere and Coniston Water. The Yorkshire Dales are also just 40 minutes away.

Rooms & Online Bookings - Caledonia Guest House

Hotel Reviews - Caledonia Guest House

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Caledonia Guest House

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 1.27 miles (2.04 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.