Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £55.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Howgate Foot

Address: Askham , Ullswater, CA10 2PU

Hotel Description

This peaceful B&B has a quiet location 7 miles from Junction 39 of the M6, just 6 miles from Ullswater and 3 miles from Haweswater. It has free Wi-Fi and free parking on site, and secure storage for bicycles. The room at Howgate Foot is spacious and traditionally furnished, and features a flat-screen TV, an en suite bathroom with free toiletries, and tea and coffee making facilities. One of the owners is a trained Cordon Bleu cook, and uses locally sourced Cumbrian produce in her cooking. Guests can enjoy breakfast on the south-facing terrace, with wonderful views of the countryside and the sheep grazing on the fields. Between the villages of Askham and Bampton, Howgate Foot is surrounded by picturesque walking routes. Lake Windermere is around 25 miles from the building.

Rooms & Online Bookings - Howgate Foot

Hotel Reviews - Howgate Foot

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Howgate Foot

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 5.69 miles (9.11 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.