Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £50.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Link House

Address: Bassenthwaite Lake, Bassenthwaite, CA13 9YD

Hotel Description

A 5-minute walk from Bassenthwaite Lake, this Victorian country guest house has forest and fells views and offers chic bedrooms, free Wi-Fi, a bar and a restaurant. It is also a visit England 4-star silver property. Each bedroom has a flat-screen TV, most with built in DVDs. All have tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, digital clock radio with iPad/iPhone dock and shoe cleaning kit. In the morning, enjoy an award winning full Cumbrian breakfast or a vegetarian alternative, alongside plenty of cereals, fruit and yoghurt. Packed lunches as well as flasks filled with tea/coffee, are available on request. Locally sourced produce is used wherever possible. About 8 miles from the popular tourist town of Keswick and 5 miles from the old market town of Cockermouth, Link House has free parking. There are also many beautiful walks and cycle paths around.

Our Facilities

  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - Link House

Hotel Reviews - Link House

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Link House

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Distance 2.81 miles (4.5 km)
The Elizabethan Range and fortified Pele Tower of Isel Hall dominates the landscape in its magical setting above the River Derwent. From the formal gardens the ground drops down to the river and offers views of the 11th Century Church and Skiddaw. Continuously inhabited since Norman times it passed from its original occupiers, the Engane family, their heirs and successors by family connections to the present owner. In Elizabethan times they were the Leighs and from 1573-1986 the Lawson family inherited. The last male heir of that family, Sir Wilfred Lawson, died in 1936 when it passed to his nephew, Hilton, and then to Hilton's cousin Mrs Margaret Austen Leigh, who died in 1986 and left it to the present owner.