Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £111.20

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster

Address: 30 John Islip St, Lambeth, SW1P 4DD

Hotel Description

A mere 5 minutes' walk from Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament, the award-winning DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Westminster (formerly Mint Hotel Westminster) has a modern fitness centre, stylish cocktail bar, Apple iMacs in every room and free Wi-Fi. Pimlico Underground Station is a 5-minute walk away. Each 4-star room has floor-to-ceiling windows, air-conditioning and also feature a work desk, minibar and fluffy bathrobes. City Café serves breakfast and features an open-air terrace. The sumptuous Millbank Lounge offers classic cocktails and a lunch, dinner and tapas menu. Room service is available until 23.00 and after this time there is a "Grab and Go" facility with drinks and snacks to purchase. The hotel has modern décor throughout, a 24-hour front desk, and private parking is possible on site. Situated in vibrant Westminster overlooking the River Thames, this DoubleTree by Hilton hotel is a 15-minute walk from Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square and the Theatre district. Victoria Railway and Coach Stations are a 20-minute walk away.

Our Facilities

  • Bar
  • Laundry Service

Rooms & Online Bookings - DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster

Hotel Reviews - DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster

Royal Horticultural Halls and Conference Centre - Exhibition

Royal Horticultural Halls and Conference Centre - Exhibition

Distance 0.26 miles (0.42 km)
The Royal Horticultural Halls and Conference Centre is centrally located in the "heart of Westminster", London and comprises two very fine exhibition and event Halls and a Conference Centre. This important and well-established multi-purpose events venue enjoys a prime location in an attractive residential area of Central London. The combination of its three facilities offers maximum flexibility for event organisers both in terms of space and application. The venue has an unrivalled track record of hosting all manner of events from trade and consumer fairs to corporate events and conferences. The venue has become a recognised centre for niche market, sectoral and new launch events. For examples of these please refer to our list of events.

Big Ben - London - Landmark

Big Ben - London - Landmark

Distance 0.44 miles (0.7 km)
The clock tower looks spectacular at night when the four clock faces are illuminated.
Each dial is 23 feet square (49.15 square metres)
Big Ben's minute hands are 14 feet long (4.26 metres)
The figures on the face of Big Ben are two feet high (0.6 metres)
A special light above the clock faces is also illuminated, letting the public know when parliament is in session.
Big Ben's timekeeping is strictly regulated by a stack of coins placed on the huge pendulum. Big Ben has rarely stopped. Even after a bomb destroyed the Commons chamber during the Second World War, the clock tower survived and Big Ben continued to strike the hours.

The chimes of Big Ben were first broadcast by the BBC on 31 December 1923, a tradition that continues to this day.
The Palace of Westminster was destroyed by fire in 1834. In 1844, it was decided the new buildings for the Houses of Parliament should include a tower and a clock. The bell was refashioned in Whitechapel in 1858 and the clock first rang across Westminster on 31 May 1859.
Just two months later, Big Ben cracked. A lighter hammer was fitted and the bell rotated to present an undamaged section to the hammer. This is the bell as we hear it today.
The origin of the name Big Ben is not known, although two different theories exist.
The first is that is was named after Sir Benjamin Hall, the first commissioner of works, a large man who was known affectionately in the house as "Big Ben".
The second theory is that it was named after a heavyweight boxing champion at that time, Benjamin Caunt. Also known as "Big Ben", this nickname was commonly bestowed in society to anything that was the heaviest in its class.

Houses of Parliament - Country Home

Houses of Parliament - Country Home

Distance 0.46 miles (0.73 km)
The Houses of Parliament, otherwise known as The Palace of Westminster, stands on the site where Edward the Confessor had the original palace built in the first half of the eleventh century. In 1547 the royal residence was moved to Whitehall Palace, but the Lords continued to meet at Westminster, while the commons met in St. Stephen's Chapel. Ever since these early times, the Palace of Westminster has been home to the English Parliament. In 1834 a fire broke out which destroyed much of the old palace, all that remained was the chapel crypt, The Jewel Tower and Westminster Hall. It was Lord Melbourne, the Prime Minister, who saved the great hall by arranging for the fire engines to be brought right into the hall and personally supervising the fire fighting operation.

Goldsmith International Business School - University

Goldsmith International Business School - University

Distance 0.63 miles (1 km)
Goldsmith IBS aims to transform and support your career aspirations. At Goldsmith IBS, we continuously seek to enhance our quality standards and internal working processes in furtherance of your quest for a successful career in accounting, finance, management, strategy, information systems and other related disciplines. We hope you find the information in this website useful in making a decision to join us.

The Banqueting House - Whitehall Palace - Country Home

The Banqueting House - Whitehall Palace - Country Home

Distance 0.72 miles (1.15 km)
The Banqueting House, opposite Horse Guards Parade, is the sole surviving complete building of Whitehall Palace, the sovereigns principal residence until the reign of William III.The Palace was built by the renowned 17th century architect Inigo Jones for King James to hold state occasions including masques, plays and state banquets and was once one of the largest palaces in Europe. Sadly, the majority of the palaces buildings were lost in the devastating fire of 1698.