Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £95.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Hundith Hill Hotel

Address: Lorton Vale, Cockermouth, CA13 9TH

Hotel Description

With sumptuous furnishings and wonderful views across the Lorton Valley, Hundith Hill Hotel sits on the outskirts of Cockermouth. A short drive from Keswick, the traditional rooms offer luxury en suite bathrooms. The Hundith Hill Hotel is set in a grand country house, surrounded by beautiful countryside and a large pleasant garden. With views of the Cumbrian Fells, the hotel has free private parking for guests. Free Wi-Fi is also accessible in public areas. The elegant rooms are individually decorated with floral and satin fabrics, and some feature exposed beams and scenic views. All rooms offer tea and coffee facilities and a hairdryer, and a wake-up service is also available. The popular Hundith Hill Restaurant serves a varied menu with European influences, and the informal bar menu offers classic pub food and light lunches. Traditional cooked breakfasts and packed lunches are also available daily. On the edge of the Lake District, Hundith Hill is just 20 minutes’ drive from the Solway Coast. The famous lakes are within easy reach, and a number of walking routes are close by. Crummock Water can be reached in 10 minutes, and Derwent Water is 20 minutes away.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - Hundith Hill Hotel

Hotel Reviews - Hundith Hill Hotel

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Hundith Hill Hotel

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Distance 3.19 miles (5.1 km)
The Elizabethan Range and fortified Pele Tower of Isel Hall dominates the landscape in its magical setting above the River Derwent. From the formal gardens the ground drops down to the river and offers views of the 11th Century Church and Skiddaw. Continuously inhabited since Norman times it passed from its original occupiers, the Engane family, their heirs and successors by family connections to the present owner. In Elizabethan times they were the Leighs and from 1573-1986 the Lawson family inherited. The last male heir of that family, Sir Wilfred Lawson, died in 1936 when it passed to his nephew, Hilton, and then to Hilton's cousin Mrs Margaret Austen Leigh, who died in 1986 and left it to the present owner.