Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £55.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to The Highland Drove Inn

Address: Great Salkeld, Penrith, Cumbria, Penrith, CA11 9NA

Hotel Description

Offering a restaurant and a bar, The Highland Drove Inn is nestled in the small village of Great Salkeld, 15 minutes' drive off the M6 motorway and on the coast to coast route. Boasting free WiFi access and free on-site parking, the inn is 20 minutes' drive from the Lake District National Park and 16.6 miles from Carlisle Castle. Each room includes a TV and also an electric kettle. Featuring a bath or shower, the private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries. At The Highland Drove Inn there is a garden. Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge and a games room. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including golfing and fishing. Hadrian's Wall is 36 miles from the property and Carlisle Castle is 30 minutes' drive away. Castlerigg Stone Circle is 22 miles away.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - The Highland Drove Inn

Hotel Reviews - The Highland Drove Inn

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - The Highland Drove Inn

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 5.11 miles (8.17 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.