Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £80.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Stoneybeck Inn

Address: Stoneybeck Inn, Bowscar, Penrith, CA11 8RP

Hotel Description

A 5-minute drive from Penrith and 25 minutes from Keswick, Stoneybeck Inn enjoys beautiful views of the Cumbrian Fells. With free parking and WiFi, it provides restaurant dining and a choice of breakfasts. The individually designed rooms and suites all include a flat-screen TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities. All have a well-appointed en suite bathroom with a bath or shower. A full English breakfast is served each morning, along with porridge, cereals, fruit salad and homemade granola. There are many alternatives including wild mushrooms and Cumbrian poached egg on homemade soda bread. The restaurant offers a full lunch and dinner menu including homemade desserts and a children’s selection. Bowscar lies to the east of the Lake District and the M6, around 19 miles south of Carlisle. The ruins of the 14th-century Penrith Castle can be found in the centre of the town, just over 3 miles away.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - Stoneybeck Inn

Hotel Reviews - Stoneybeck Inn

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Stoneybeck Inn

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 3.8 miles (6.08 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.